As smart home technology advances, homeowners are seeing the benefits of how all this new and innovative tech can make their lives easier while saving them time and money at the same time. When homeowners think of smart upgrades, they often overlook the bathroom, especially the toilet, but smart toilets are not only proving to be effective but a wise investment as well.
Smart devices and appliances do more than look cool and swanky; even though that's a big part of their appeal. Smart technology makes life easier. In a world where time is a precious commodity, appliances like smart toilets can make life a little more streamlined, which is a key reason why smart toilets are becoming so popular. If you're still on the seat about smart toilets, here a few reasons to consider a toilet upgrade to a smart version.
Smart Toilet Features
When people think about smart devices, they want a device or appliance that makes life easier, is practical, saves money and time, and has a few added bells and whistles. Smart toilets can do all that with some of these amazing features:
- Touchless Flushing - With touchless flushing, a sensor detects when you move away from the toilet. This feature is convenient and helps to prevent the spread of germs.
- Seat Warmer - Seat warmers not only keep the seat warm, but many models allow you to set the seat temperature to your personal specifications.
- Self Cleaning - Robotic arms, deodorizers, and UV light are a few self-cleaning features in smart toilets that make toilet cleaning by hand a thing of the past.
- Leak Detection - Leak detecting sensors not only save water but can help prevent damage to your property from water leaks.
- Water-Saving Features - Smart toilets have sensors that detect how much water is needed and flush accordingly. Small flushes can use as little as 0.6 gallons per flush.
Benefits of Installing a Smart Toilet
For those who have children, live with seniors, or live with someone with a disability, smart toilets can make their lives safer and more manageable with nightlights, self-raising and lowering seats, and remote controls for easy flushing. But the most significant benefit of a smart toilet is its water-saving features that can help lower water bills and protect the environment by saving water.
Another benefit to installing a smart toilet is they make an excellent centerpiece for conversation. Homeowners love having something new and innovative in their homes that most other people don't have. With all the benefits, smart toilets make good sense, and the initial cost can be recovered through their water-saving features over time.
How Much Do They Cost?
When homeowners think about smart devices and appliances for their homes, price is one of the first things that often enter their minds. When people spend their money on anything, smart toilets included, they want to be sure they're getting their money's worth.
A big part of owning a smart toilet is that they're cool and add a certain futuristic appeal to bathrooms, but the cost of a smart toilet can run pretty high. Some high-end brands and models can cost between $2,000 and $7,000, depending on the unit's number and type of features. Lower-cost models, with fewer features, can cost between $500 and $1500. Keep in mind that installation may also be an added cost.
Adding a smart toilet to a home is a smart investment and can add value to a home. Choose a model and style that suits your needs and desires and has all the features you're looking for and will use.