There are so many things we do around the house that make our lives easier, and those tasks would be next to impossible without some power tools. For example, air compressors are an incredibly useful tool to have on hand. They’re especially handy during the cold winter when you find yourself out of luck if a pipe bursts or the water heater springs a leak. An air compressor can even be useful during the summer when you have a lot of outdoor projects to do. Most people find it useful to have an air compressor on hand, not only for those purposes but for other reasons.
Types of Air Compressors
For you to get the most effective use out of an air compressor, it’s important to make sure you know what kind you need. There are several different types of air compressors. It’s a good idea to do some research on the different types and decide which option is going to be best for your needs.
- The Portable Air Compressor - If you need an air compressor only for small jobs and don’t want to be tied to it permanently, a portable air compressor may be the best option for you. Portable air compressors are lightweight, making them easy to move from room to room and from job to job. They run on gas or electricity and can be very handy in smaller living spaces such as apartments. They’re also perfect for do-it-yourself projects around the house or at a construction site. They’re easy to use and easy to store.
- The Heavy-Duty Air Compressor - If you have a large home or have a big job to do, consider investing in a heavy-duty air compressor. These models are heavy-duty and can be used in many different ways. For example, they can be used as an air hose for industrial projects, sold as a pressure washer, or even as a portable power unit that can be hooked up to vehicles or machinery.
- The Air Compressor Kit - If you know what kind of jobs you’re going to be doing and have a specific need in mind, an air compressor kit may be your best option. These kits include all the parts necessary to get a job done, whether it’s just blowing up a mattress or doing some serious renovations on your home or vehicle.
Air Compressor Uses
The uses of an air compressor are many and varied. It mostly depends on the type of job you need to do and how much work you want to get done in a specific amount of time. By examining the different uses, you can decide which purpose is best for your needs.
- Emergency Operations - If you find yourself without water and electricity, an air compressor can sometimes help to provide you with water and some power. These units can be used to cool down a car or treat minor injuries or skin problems in emergency situations where you’re not able to get to a hospital for help. You can use them for cleaning up your yard suddenly struck by a snowstorm or flooded by a storm drain breakdown.
- Portable Power - The mobility of an air compressor makes it a good option for power tool needs. If you have a job that will require you to work outdoors, but your vehicle is too big, or you have no way to run the power tools that may be needed to complete the project, an air compressor can be used. Its compact size makes it easy to pack up and take with you.
- Heating and Cooling - Air compressors are compact and lightweight, making them ideal for heating and cooling techniques. You can put an air compressor in your car trunk to keep it cool during the summer or warm you up on a cold winter drive.
Popular Air Compressor Brands
There are plenty of different brands of air compressors available. In a choice as plentiful as this, you need to take your time and do some research before making a decision.
- Craftsman - Craftsman is a very popular brand of air compressors. They’re known for producing high-quality products, and their air compressors are no exception. They’re available in electric-powered and gas-powered models. Craftsman air compressors are known for their reliability, long life, and durability.
- Quincy - Quincy offers electric or gas-operated air compressors that can be used at home or in business settings. They’re known for their durability, high quality, and ease of operation. Quincy offers a one-year warranty on all of its products.
- Ingersoll Rand - Ingersoll Rand is known for producing durable air compressors that don’t need much maintenance at all. They make both electric and gas-powered units that are great for home use, business settings, or industrial applications. Their line of air compressors is available in a wide range of sizes, so you can find one that fits your needs perfectly.
- Porter Cable - Porter Cable offers air compressors that are ideal for the home. They’re made to be user-friendly and easy to use. They also come at an affordable price point, making them a great choice for the average homeowner.
- Lenox - Lenox offers air compressors in a range of sizes and styles, so any job can be tackled with ease. They make electric-powered models as well as gas-powered units, so you can choose the one that works best for your needs.
Air compressors are a necessity for any project. Whether you’re doing a home improvement job or you need to work on your lawn, an air compressor will come in handy. The right air compressor will make the job much easier and is definitely worth the investment. If you’re ready to take the first step towards getting one of these devices for your needs, take some time to look at what’s out there.