Anyone who has ever tried to remove hair using a traditional razor, plucking, waxing, and tweezing knows that it can be a real pain. Not only does one have to go over the same spot multiple times, but they also have to worry about nicks and cuts that are painful. If someone is looking for a more efficient, affordable, and less painful way to remove hair, an epilator may be the answer for them. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using an epilator and compare some of the best models on the market. We'll also help decide which epilator is right for them based on their individual needs, such as the sensitivity of the skin and the type of hair removal.
What is an Epilator?
An epilator is a small, handheld device used to remove hair from the root. Unlike razors, which cut the hair at the skin's surface, epilators remove hair by plucking it out of the follicle. The result is smoother, longer-lasting results than shaving. Epilators' effectiveness is on all body areas, including the face, underarms, legs, and bikini areas. An epilator can be dry (without water) or wet (when taking a bath). An epilator works by plucking hairs out of the follicle, and rotating discs do it with tiny teeth that grab onto the hair and pull it out. How often one plans to use it determines if they want to invest in longer battery life, and frequent use calls for investing in a durable one.
Benefits of Using an Epilator
There are many benefits to using an epilator for hair removal:
- Epilators are more efficient than razors, and they remove hair from the root, resulting in smoother, longer-lasting results.
- Epilators have detailed designs for all body areas, including the face, underarms, legs, and bikinis.
- Epilators are less painful than waxing or using other hair removal methods such as threading or tweezing.
- Epilators are affordable(have varied prices depending on an individual's needs) and easy to use.
- If one has sensitive skin, an epilator with fewer tweezers or a built-in massager is on the market.
- Epilators have an option of corded or cordless. Cordless is more convenient.
- Depending on one's preference, wet or dry options are available (dry is more versatile).
- Some epilators have a vibrating function that helps to reduce the pain associated with hair removal.
- Many epilators have additional features, such as a built-in light or exfoliating brush.
- Epilators are available in waterproof models.
The Best Epilators on the Market
There are several epilators on the market, and it can be challenging to decide which one is right for use: If one is looking for an affordable epilator that will get the job done, try the Panasonic ES-ED90-P. This model has a broad head that's great for covering large areas quickly, and it can be used wet or dry. It's also rechargeable, so one won't have to worry about replacing batteries.
The Braun Silk-épil SE76851 Wet & Dry epilator has a pivoting head that allows one to reach difficult areas easily. This model comes with five different heads to customize their hair removal experience. It also has a massage roller that helps reduce discomfort during use and helps soothe the skin after epilation. The battery life is good, and it can be used wet or dry.
The Philips Satinelle HP6401/00 Electric Shaver for Women is a good option. This shaver is designed specifically for women and has two floating heads that adapt to their curves for a close shave. It's also very affordable.